The special feature of the 140mm SD APO:
- Very high quality processed and of convincingly good optical quality
- Colorless optics with FLP53 glass
- Precise 3.7 "focuser with 1:10 mirco reduction for heavy accessories
- With f / 7 ideal for visual and photographic purposes
- CNC tube rings
- Carry handle
- Very good value for money
With 980mm focal length, the 140-SD Apo is an impressive all-rounder. From intricate double star observing to high contrast detailed planetary views, this new scope will introduce a whole new group of Astronomy enthusiasts to APM quality.
Traditional APM quality has been applied in all areas. The new 3.7" focuser is a Rack and Pinion type, with 1:10 focusing. It remains rigid under high loads making it suitable for imaging. The attention to detail extends to areas like the 2" and 1.25" eyepiece adapters. These use a new design of collar clamp, far superior to the common brass compression rings found on lesser designs.
As optional photo accessory for the SD APO 140 f / 7, we recommend our Riccardi Flattener APO Reducer 0.75xM82 (the focal length is reduced to 735mm at f / 5.25) or our Riccardi APO Flattener Model 2 for APO's. (please look recommended products)
With the new 140 mm SD Apo we believe we have created an Apochromatic Refractor of incomparable performance and value in its category.
- Optical Tube
- 1 Pair of Tuberings with handle
- 3.7" Focuser with 1:10 Microfocusing
- Losmandy-Style Dovetail
- Shoe for Finderbracket