This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
Combo Quark* is available in a choice of "prominence" or "chromosphere"
~ Choose either for the same, low price of $1,195.00
For use on SCTs, Maks, or refractors of F/15 to F/30. The user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert Quark in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
• SCT and Mak users need to purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to their telescope for safe operation.
• SCT owners must employ a front mount, off-axis, aperture reduced Energy Rejection Filter (ERF) in order to achieve optimum performance. This front mount ERF will generate a slower focal ratio through aperture reduction while preventing heat build-up in the optical tube assembly.
• Maktsutov owners who operate at a native ~F/15 focal ratio do not need to reduce the aperture of the telescope, but must use front mount energy rejection to prevent overheating of the optical tube assembly.
• Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominences or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Either model are available for the same price of $1,195.00
• Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device.
• The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs.
• Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off an optional small, palm-sized battery pack.
Not for use with full aperture SCTs, or damage to your secondary mirror may result. SCTs must use an off axis ERF, sold separately.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
** Exceptionally high demand has currently created a wait-listed order situation. Pre-release reservations exceed current batch sizes. Clients with unpaid reservations must contact Daystar immediately to confirm order with payment. Â Unpaid reservations will be subject to sale. For further specific information about availability, please contact sales staff at: 866-680-6563 for further details.