- 152 mm f/6 dedicated h-alpha telescope for professional results!
- Internal etalon allows a <0.65 Angstrom bandpass.
- True Doppler pressure tuning system for precision tuning adjustments.
- The LS152THa includes a 2″ Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser, Lunt Zoom eyepiece, aluminium case, mounting rings & dovetail and your choice of blocking filter.
- ESTIMATED LEAD TIME: 9-12 months
All Lunt Solar Telescopes require a blocking filter.
Which blocking filter is right for you?
- B1200 – for visual use
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
- No Blocking Filter Warning – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
Images taken through a Lunt LS152THa Solar Telescope
Lunt LS152THa Solar Telescope
The Lunt LS152THa is currently the largest solar telescope available, and is sure to provide the most stunning balance of resolution and performance.
The 100% unobstructed system will perform to the highest level at both low and high magnifications. Utilizing both advanced high-contrast coatings, and the new Doppler True Pressure Tuning system, the user will be able to experience crisp, sharp, high magnification visual images, as well as utilize this system for high end digital processes.
True Doppler Tuning
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user. Adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface.
While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
This system has an optional, interchangeable, CaK module allowing for the research of multiple wave lengths thru the same platform. You can also convert the LS152THa for nighttime viewing with a special backing plate & focuser kit.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS152THa Solar Telescope is perfect for the Intermediate to Advanced User.
- Advanced Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha dedicated system.
- A refractor-based system with a 152 mm front objective.
- An unobstructed internal HD Etalon with the Pressure Tuner allows for <0.65 Angstrom bandpass, providing slightly higher surface detail without the loss of edge detail.
- The system includes the mounting rings and dovetail, a Lunt Zoom Eyepiece, dust caps, and is delivered in an aluminum reinforced case.