- LS60FHa H-Alpha Filter, 60mm front-mounted non-obstructed hydrogen-alpha filter for use on a wide range of telescopes!
- Accommodates LS60THA and LS60MT Telescopes without need for adapter
- Connect the Lunt LS60FHa to your telescope with the appropriate adapter (sold separately), or use it to double-stack on an existing Lunt 60mm LS60THa solar telescope or filter for a ~<0.5A band pass!
- Choose the appropriate LS60FHa and blocking filter for your telescope’s focal length and focuser size.
Required Accessories: Typically an adapter plate will be required to attach a Lunt Solar Filter to the front of a customer-supplied telescope. These adapters are in stock for the more common user scopes, but can potentially be custom made to your specific requirement if needed. No adapter is needed to connect one LS60FHa to another for double-stacking or to connect an LS60FHa to a Lunt 60mm Telescope.
LS60FHa H-Alpha Filter
The Lunt LS60FHa is a 60 mm aperture (no central obstruction) integrally tuned etalon for use on a customer supplied refractor.
A B600 blocking filter provides full disk images on telescopes up to 540 mm focal length. Larger blocking filters suitable for longer focal length telescopes are also available options. Choose the filter/blocking filter package that is suitable for your telescope and your focuser size:
- B600 – Up to 540 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B1200 – Up to 1080 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B1800 – Up to 1620 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B3400 – Up to 3060 mm focal length, offered in 2″ straight-through tube
This Hydrogen-alpha filter is designed to retrofit (adapters required) a customer-supplied telescope for use during the day. It is easily removable so that the scope can continue to be used for night observing.
Because the LS60FHa H-Alpha Filter has an estimated bandpass of <0.70 Angstrom, it is capable of providing high contrast views of both surface and edge detail. Adding an additional etalon system (double-stacking) will reduce the bandpass to ~<0.50 (dependent upon scope) allowing for higher resolution viewing and/or imaging. An LS60FHa H-Alpha Filter without blocking filter is offered for this purpose or for those who already have a Lunt blocking filter. A Lunt blocking filter must be used with Lunt Ha filters at all times.