- View or image the Sun in white light with a Lunt Solar Wedge! This diagonal-type solar filter inserts into the focuser of your nighttime telescope for safe viewing of eclipses, sun spots, and more.
- Available in either a 2″ or 1.25″ model. 1.25″ is best for refractors 4″ and under, and the 2″ is best for refractors 6″ and under.
- The addition of a polarizing filter (sold separately) is recommended when using the solar wedge visually.
Lunt White Light Solar Wedges
For solar white light imaging and white light visual observing. The Lunt White Light Wedges come with a built in ND3 filter. Notably, this allows perfectly safe imaging or visual observing of the Sun. Alternatively, if you wish to do visual observing we recommend dimming the image for your eyes with a Polarizing Filter. First put one Polarizing Filter on the bottom of your eyepiece. Then adjust the brightness to your comfort by rotating the eyepiece.
We offer 2 sizes of White Light Wedges. The 2” version allows for 2” eyepieces and has a 2” barrel for the focuser, and the 1.25” version allows for 1.25” eyepieces and has a 1.25” barrel. The 2″ model performs best on refractors with apertures of 6” or less. The 1.25″ model performs best on refractors up to 4″ in aperture. As long as you can reach focus for imaging with a standard star diagonal on your night time telescope, you will be able to reach focus when imaging with Lunt White Light Solar Wedges.
Lunt White Light Solar Wedge Packages Include:
- Lunt White Light Solar Wedge (1.25″ or 2″, depending on what you choose)
- ND3 Pre-installed Filter
- Carrying Case
- Die Cut Foam with room for accessories